Support for Employers
Our two-week Academy courses give candidates a relevant qualification for your industry and are a great way to recruit suitably skilled applicants for you to interview – at no cost to you!
A range of local employers have already worked successfully with us, offering valuable industry insights to candidates on our Construction, Care, Customer Services (Retail or Hospitality) Academies, and then giving mock interviews to successful learners at the end of the programme, with the option to recruit any outstanding candidates.
We’ll work with you to design a cost-effective programme that achieves your aims, using our qualified, industry specific, experienced trainers.
A bespoke training package allows you to cover specific topics within a short amount of time, reducing the time your employees are out of the business. We take into account the individual learning styles of delegates e.g. a balance of workshops, case studies and presentations. Please note – for advanced courses, course fees can be fully funded by a 24+ Advanced Learning Loan.
Supported Internships and Traineeships
We have young people at our centres in Plymouth, Torquay, Paignton and Newton Abbot who are keen to get out into the world of work! Supported internships are an unpaid structured study programme based primarily at an employer (with support from an ETF workcoach), lasting for a minimum of six months. They enable young people aged 16-24 with a statement of SEN, or an EHCP plan to achieve sustainable paid employment.
Wherever possible, they support the young person to move into paid employment at the end of the programme. Their time with the employer will equip them with the skills they need for work, via learning in the workplace; they will also complete a personalised study programme with Eat That Frog, studying relevant qualifications, including English and Maths.
The benefit for the young person is obvious – but there are also huge benefits for the employer!
- No additional staff cost to you – each supported internship is government funded and supported by a member of ETF staff
- Acts as an extended working interview, giving an increased chance of getting the right person for the job
- Simple, tested model ensures minimal impact on your business
- Interns may have skills currently lacking in existing staff e.g. high functioning autism can result in significantly above average accuracy.
- Increased workforce diversity, reflecting the communities you serve