Meeting every Friday at The Pad, Paignton, our fun and friendly lunch club includes entertainment, bingo and a two course meal (including coffee or tea) – and costs just £6.00 per person.
All meals are prepared with fresh ingredients and cooked by our trainee chefs, who are aiming to work in Torbay’s hotel and catering industry. The students from our catering training kitchen upstairs at The Pad help to devise the tasty and nutritious menus, prepare the food and serve the customers – who tell us the food is of restaurant quality!
The session is open from 10.30 – 3.30, with lunch service at 12.30. Open to anyone aged 50+, (though most members are actually aged 70+) we also provide:
- Access to information, advice and guidance on matters affecting finance, benefits, health, social care etc.
- Befriending for older people who are in danger of becoming socially isolated, depressed and at risk to themselves
- Access to a warm, friendly environment where people feel they can discuss any concerns or problems
- A safe environment, allowing a degree of respite for the main carer
- Opportunities for volunteers to gain experience of working with older people in a support environment.
If you, or an elderly person you know, would be interested in attending the Lunchclub, please contact us on 01803 226491 for more details.